Lamp Makeover

I found this sweet blue and white ginger jar style lamp base at the thrift store during the week but instead of putting this one into my store I decided I would make over a shade and keep it. 
I actually didn't have a lot of confidence that it would turn out how I wanted so I didn't even bother taking a before shot of the shade. It was lime green and not the best to look at so I recovered it with this gorgeous pink and white candy stripe fabric.  
I put a lovely pink braid at the base and a vintage trim around the top to finish it off.


A huge pile of sheet music that I found on my travels this week some dated from the 1940's. 





I loved the look of the lamp so I decided to use the same fabric on another project which I hope to show you later in the week. 


I also want to take this opportunity to thank all of you that read my blog and purchase goodies from my shop space. Lots of the comments have no email reply but you all take the time to send me a comment so - thank-you . Your support means the world to me and makes me smile. 




Photobucket
Posted by Picasa