Look what I found...


In my attempt to bring some more cosy colour into my autumn living room, while still sticking to my beloved pastel colours, I went for a rummage up to the loft to see if anything usable could be found there.


And I think I found it. A colourful kelim rug that has been hiding there for quite some time. Now I know I have previously made a few feeble attempts with rugs. Without much success, I might add.


Even the one I now brought down has made a short appearance in the blog before, only to be returned back into the dark attic. But I am fond of this kelim (suppose it is the reason I have been hanging on to it for years), so once again I am willing to give it a go.


I do like to think it adds a certain element of cosiness. And I like the colours in it, and tend to think that they go with my otherwise lighter, brighter colours. But what colour do I see in the rug...?


Orange! I have always thought orange is not "my" colour, but here it is, in my rug. And now that I have a second look at my knitted squares (from the previous entry) maybe I should not have been quite so harsh with the orange wool I bought (and returned to the store). Ah well, it is never too late...