Worse for wear


I regret to say that my garden is way past its prime, and is definitely looking worse for wear. I do not have a lush late summer/early autumn garden, just as I do not have a pretty spring garden.


Probably because I have in shied away from yellow, orange and red flowers, the typical late summer colours. So I have to put my trust in the annuals. But even they are looking quite forlorn by now.


The only yellow flower in my garden is this late blooming perennial, tucked away behind my little studio as it has not been allowed anywhere near my flower borders. But boy, am I glad to have it!


As once again I seem to have a craving for more colour. For most people autumn is all about earthy and mellow shades. But for me... it is all about colour, in my house and in my garden. How about you?