All is well that ends well


All is well that ends well... I guess it goes both for this year and for my knitted blanket! Only a few hours left of 2011, and what a way the year ends. This last day has been a glorious one, cold and sunny. Just the way to end it. And to welcome a new one.


As for my knitted blanket, it too seems to end well. Regular readers will know about my doubts in regards to this very project, but I like to think that it all came together in the end. I have used these days between Christmas and New Year to assemble the rest of the squares.


And to crochet a little border, including a picot edge, to finish it all off. I chose to do the border in white, as there is enough colour going on in the blanket itself (about 16 different colours, I think... I am afraid I have lost count of them all...)


The blanket is made of 150 squares (10 x 15), knitted mostly out of Falk (Dale) and Smart (Sandnes Garn) using knitting needles 3,5. One square is made out of 27 stitches x 27 rows of garter stitch. I got about 3,5 squares out of one ball of wool.


I am pleased to have finished this project before the year ended. 2011 has been a good year, and this blanket did not turn out half bad either... all is indeed well that ends well. 2012, I am ready!