a very different Christmas...

Joy's house is looking very festive now. Her tree is decorated in soft pastel colours which tie in so beautifully with her existing artworks (mondocherry of course!), cushions and decor.


Joy's two children have been busy 'crafting up a storm'. How cute is this little Rudolf?..


"Santa and Tree" by Harvey aged 5...



My home, on the other hand, is decidedly un-festive. There is one little Christmas touch on the shelves in the dining room...


But most of my house looks like the photo below except worse! The removalists arrive this morning to pack up the contents of our house for our move down to Melbourne and I have been scurrying around doing all those last minute jobs that seem to take so long. All my good intentions of being completely organised (so unpacking the other end would be a breeze) went out the window long ago!!


Even my poor Kitchen Aid (usually given the workout of its life at this time of year) has sat alone and ignored in the corner of the kitchen...


We get the keys to our new rental home in Melbourne on Wednesday the 21st and my kids are insistent that the first thing that must be unpacked is the Christmas tree. Even if we are still surrounded by boxes, we will still be celebrating. Santa does have his work cut out for him though as I have heard through a very reliable source that he hasn't started the Christmas shopping for my crew of 6 yet!