Merry Christmas, Thoughts, Thank you's & Wallpaper



Here we are again at the end of another busy year. As I tidy my desk and prepare for some much anticipated time away from the office, my mind reflects on the year that was.

It has been a year of setbacks, struggle, sickness and sadness for so many people I know and so many people I don’t know and to them I would like to say sorry. Sorry you had to go through so much heartache and sorrow. I hope, as the year crosses over to the next, things will improve for you all. xx

For me, I feel like I have been chasing my tail all year with to do lists the size of Mount Everest. No matter how easy it may look, nothing and I repeat, nothing comes easy.

With lots of hard work, commitment, stress, worry, exhaustion and tears comes achievement and 2011 saw the successful launch of our online store which I am looking forward to growing and developing further in 2012.

The year also brought some exciting jobs my way along with some wonderful new clients as well as old clients who are very supportive and encouraging and for that I am very thankful. I am also very thankful for the wonderful, hard-working and creative people I've had the fortune of working with this year both in-house at B&S and externally. They have all helped me more than you could ever imagine and I am truly grateful for everything they have brought to the table.

Throughout the year I was presented with some extremely exciting, yet humbling offers. One such offer is something I have been secretly working on for the most part of the second half of this year and it is something I have been dying to tell you about.

Do you want to know what it is?

Well, I am thrilled and excited to announce that earlier this year renowned Australian paint and wallpaper company, Porter’s Paints asked me to design a range of wallpaper with them and in the early part of 2012 we will be launching Anna Spiro for Porter’s Paints – a collection of wallpapers which will certainly spell my signature style . This is something I have always dreamt of doing and I would like to extend a huge thank you to Porter's Paints for this wonderful opportunity.

In the photo above and below of my inspiration board, if you look closely, you might be able to identify some of the drawings of the proposed designs. A special little sneak peek for you my loyal readers.

There will be 3 designs to start with and the collection will hopefully grow to 12 designs and maybe, just maybe, some of the designs might eventually be available in fabric too. The colour ways will be fresh and uplifting and perfect for all of you who love colour just as much as I do.


So, there are some big things in the pipeline and lots of hard work ahead in 2012. But for now, it’s off to the beach with my boys to enjoy the simple pleasures of life and just between you and me I can’t wait to spend endless days with them swimming, walking, reading, sleeping, laughing, talking, kissing and cuddling.

Thank you so much for following my blog and my journey. It’s been 5 years now since I started this blog and I can’t believe that you continue to read it. I really can’t.

I hope I can continue to fill your world with colour and inspiration in 2012.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!!

Love,
Anna
xx


PS.  I'll be back sometime in January.  Not sure when. xx