Calm and bright...


The run up to Christmas is usually a busy one, and more often than not I tend to find myself under a fair bit of stress. This year has been different, though.


Our nearest and dearest have this year chosen to celebrate Christmas under balmier skies, so the cakes were baked early, the presents wrapped and exchanged early, and out little house decorated earlier than usual for the parties.


And now, one week before Christmas, all that is left to do (well, not quite, as I still have some cards to write..) is to enjoy it all. Truth be told I am totally loving it!


The Christmas tree has been decorated with old favourites, things I have collected over the years. As for the presents under the tree, they are still a well kept and prettily wrapped (thanks to family and friends) secret.