Best I could come up with...


I so wanted to start something new at the beginning of the bright new year. Preferably something colourful (never mind all the less colourful projects from last year, still waiting to be finished...)


But I have run out of colourful wool and fabric. So this is the best I could come up with. Not much, I admit, but it is what I have to work with at the moment. I do not know what it is with a new year, but it always makes me yearn for colour.


Maybe it is just the time of year, when the nature outside is void of colour. And with the freshly fallen snow the world outside is truly black and white (gratefully with a blue sky, though...) So in my hunger for a new colourful project I have started stitching hexagons.


I do not plan to make anything substantial (like a quilt), just a cushion cover. I am very fond of this one, and even though the one I am working on now is not going to be quite so colourful, there is always the odd chance that my friend will actually approve... hihii.


On a different note... very much in the spirit of "the same procedure as every year, James" I am yet again full of hope. Hoping for fresh green leaves and tender cherry blossoms.


I have picked a bunch of cherry branches from the garden, hoping that in a couple of weeks time I will be able to be enjoy this. I am so looking forward to new growth... to spring, light and colour. Both inside and out. Meanwhile I´ll be stitching my hexies.