"The Summer memories"-quilt


"The Summer memories"-quilt is finally finished! It has been a long time in the making, mostly due to shortage of backing material. On the outset I just had a pile of assorted fabrics and a wish to be thrifty.


All went swimmingly until it came to the backing... which I did not have! My favourite quilt backing is the white linen from Ikea, but it turned out that they did not have it either! Until now. But I guess it has been worth the wait, and I am tickled by the end result.


I am also tickled by the way the quilt matches the "Sweet and sour"-crochet cushion I made last spring. It was totally unplanned, for sure, but one would be forgiven for thinking that they were indeed made for each other.


Not to mention the knitted blanket. I do love how good they look together. Now I do not necessarily strive for a matchy look. In fact I try to go for the opposite.


Yet I do like it when things are in harmony, and when nothing jars the eye. And I am particularly pleased with the harmony these makes of mine create. By accident, for sure.


But then again, I guess I am fond of certain colours, so I tend to work with them time and again... and in doing so create a kind of harmony in the process. Needless to say, I am happy with the end result, and the guest room has got a new look.


Thank you for all your wonderful comments in regards to my garden. You are just too kind!