the birthday hat...



It is my daughter, Sienna's 4th birthday today and while she has been excited for days about her presents, her cake and the special dinner with all the family here in Melbourne, she told me last night that the thing she was most looking forward to was wearing the "Birthday Hat". A few years ago now, I purchased this silly hat from IKEA, which is the shape of a cake with strawberries and candles on top, for my son to wear on his birthday. Since then, it has become part of our family tradition to wear the hat for as much of the day as possible, and it is not just my two kids that wear it - somehow my husband and I have ended up being part of this ritual too! There are even a few dodgy photos to prove it...


What traditions that have become part of birthday celebrations in your family?