Happy Summer Days


"Time slows at the Summer House.  The pile of books you have set aside for Summer reading awaits leisure time in the hammock.  The days begin and end in long shadows and quiet anticipation."  - Terry John Woods


Our Summer holiday was perfect in every single way.  We spent most days here at this beautiful beach swimming and playing in the sand.



We found lots of fabulous shells.  Harry's friend B found the big creamy coloured shell in the photo above.



Harry was obsessed with snorkeling in the big rock pools and looking for treasure.



And treasure he found.  He stumbled across this fabulous big old shell in one of the rock pools which he and his father snorkeled over the top of at high tide.  It now sits proudly on our sideboard at the beach house amongst all the other shells they have found over the years.






Ned our Golden Retriever spent every minute he possible could on the beach and if he wasn't swimming or running he could be found resting in the shade under the umbrella.



You couldn't wipe the smile from his face.  I am unsure who was the most depressed today coming home...Ned or Harry or Max or Brad...actually I think I was the most sad about leaving the beach.



Although most of our holiday was spent at Straddie we did manage to spend a few days down at my cousin's beach house at South Golden Beach just north of Byron.  Whilst there we visited the Easton Pearson pop-up shop and my cousin reminded me of the pop-up shop I opened about 12 years ago over at Straddie for the Summer.  It was called Holiday Things and I had totally forgotten about it until he reminded me of it.  Pop-up shops seem to be all the rage these days but 12 years ago nobody had really ever done it before....well around our part of the world anyway!!  Did anyone go to Easton Pearson's pop-up store in Byron or Noosa?  I absolutely loved the beach umbrella they had and if they were for sale I definitely would have bought one!!



Happy times were had.  There were lots of laughs and lots of cuddles and I cherished every single moment I had with them.  As Harry said when we drove off the barge this afternoon -  "it's now back to the real world mum..."