Work Space















I am sitting today in my office contemplating where to begin to get my work space organized, my plan is to find a showroom mid year, but until then I need to create a work space in my home that is organized, functional but also a space to feel creative. I work with colour, beautiful fabrics and wall papers daily, so for me its important that my work space feels welcoming, not overly decorated because lets be honest a perfect looking work space is not really achievable when your juggling several jobs all at once. When we renovated our home I made sure my office space was a decent size I added an external door keeping the home as separate as possible. I started with a blank canvas, white painted floors, white walls and my built in desk, all white, now to add colour. My daughter Jess who is studying interior design full time this year, insists we need good office chairs, of course I would prefer a designer chair but she is right, we both work long hours at our desk so we need comfort, both agree the ugly black office chair needs a slip cover in a fabulous fabric, our lamps need new shades and the office folders all need to be thrown out and revamped, so we are going on a hunt to find whats new and exciting in the world of stationary and getting organised in our work space ready for a fresh start to the New Year.