Lily's Room





Just a snippet of my daughter lily's room I have been working on. Lily is only six so I want to be able to change her room as she grows so I didnt want to spend a fortune on designer fabrics and furniture. Nearly every piece of furniture and decorative piece I have found at the markets or antique shops at bargain prices and re-painted it ourselves, I'm becoming a whizz with a spray gun, we painted an old french sideboard pink, her vintage desk yellow and kept her chippendale chair white but covered the seat in the cutest check frill. Her curtains are due this week and I'm adding the final touches to her inspiration wall. 

My grandfather made me as a wedding gift a small country style hutch that over the years has been painted various colours, stripped back to the natural timber only now to have me repaint it white for Lily's room, it has such special memories of my grandfather and I hope my girls will cherish it forever. He was such a talented man and he died before lily was born, he was a dutchman with many trades, a carpenter, an artist, a fashion designer for Trent Nathan, a furniture maker and to make money in his retirement he made pottery for extra money. Earlier this year my sister and I found his pottery at Wooloongabba antiques centre, I squealed with excitement when the proof was in his signature on the bottom, the lovely owner gave the pottery to us and whilst its retro red and not the most beautiful pottery you have ever seen, its safely tucked away for the next generation to enjoy.

I have always loved the clever way Designers Guild adds different colour fabrics and pom pom trim to her chandeliers, so it inspired me to source inexpensive fabric from spotlight and craft stores, added the trim to create a pretty chandelier. 

I'll post more images soon x