a recurring theme...

I was walking through my house this afternoon trying to look at everything with fresh eyes, imagining what it will look like once renovated, and what can stay and what needs to go. Apart from noticing the flaking paint on the casement windows, shuddering at the amount of dust, and wishing I could wave a magic wand and see the finished result now, something that caught my eye was how many items around my home are bird related - think birdcages, feathers, and nests.

I love the organic-ness of these wooden birds...

Bird nest postcards stuck up on a small bit of wall and, in the background, a hanging birdcage and 3 canvases covered with a beautiful feather fabric...

Gorgeous driftwood birdhouse from Buba and La...

A bird on a cushion cover in the living room...

My wonderful market prop birdhouse purchased from Du Monde in Paddington...

Do bird-themed items make an appearance in your house too?