a chalked hello...


Last week, my lovely husband bought me a beautiful bunch of cream roses and they have been brightening up my kitchen ever since. However, the hot weather we have been having here in Brisbane has taken its toll and most of them were not looking very happy and were starting to turn brown. There were five that were still perfect and so I decided to pop them in individual glass bottles. I must have been looking for an excuse to avoid doing the housework in the heat because then I decided to play around with the vases a little. I found some leftover chalkboard fabric (readily available on the internet and in fabric stores), cut circles out with my pinking shears and tied them on with ribbon. Much less messy than getting out the chalkboard paint and much quicker than sitting around waiting for it to dry. My "hello" message is not terribly original, but my five bottles limited my options of words to write!