On my merry way...


Finally I am on my merry way as far as the "merry" knitted squares are concerned. But it has been such uphill work. Every time these knitted squares have made an appearance in my blog (and it has been a few!) I have received several questions about their assembly. To which I had no answer.


After having finished all the squares, and having stared at them for weeks on end, I finally took the plunge and started stitching them together. Just like I had done with the grey blanket (crocheting them together, maybe with a contrasting colour, was discarded after some time´s contemplation).


I do find it difficult to get a neat result. Stitching the vertical seams is easier, as I can always use a matching colour. But the horizontal seams are worse. I have been told that if an exact colour for stitching is not available, use grey. In this instance I considered light blue to be the next best thing...


I still find the stitching uphill work, but I do like the finished look so far, so continue I shall... merrily! I would love to get this finished by Christmas, but from where I stand it does not look promising. I shall keep you posted.


(The lovely roses in these photos were given to me by my lovely hubby on my lovely day yesterday).