ribbon hoops...


I was recently sorting through my craft supplies when I came across several bamboo hoops/handles that I had stashed away from the days that I used to sew handbags. My almost-four-year-old daughter's favourite thing to do is dress up and dance, so I thought I could use them to make some simple dancing streamers - safer than the ribbon sticks you often see in the shops and much easier to hold.

I let my little girl pick out some pretty coloured ribbons and then I stitched them onto the bamboo ring using one continuous running stitch. So easy! If sewing is not your thing you could even tie each ribbon on with a double knot which would be just as effective. The dancing ribbons have provided hours of amusement and encouraged her to make the most of the beautiful sunny morning we have here in Melbourne. Hope your day is just as colourful...