Paris love


The reason for my recent silence is... Paris! As it happens yours truly has a special day this month, one that my loved ones thought reason enough to celebrate.


So taken quite unawares, I was literally swept off my feet and flown off to Paris, to celebrate that very special day.


Now I have been to Paris only once, way back in my youth... more years ago than I care to remember. But Paris stayed in my mind as one of those places I would love to return to. And now I have.


Paris was at her best behavior and welcomed me (or so I thought) with sun, bright blue skies and pleasant temperatures.


I did many of the touristy things expected of one; Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame, Latin Quarter, Sacré-Coeur, Montmartre... you name it.


And I loved it all. In fact, I love Paris, and can hardly wait to return. In the mean time I better brush up on my French, which at the moment is limited to merci, bon jour, au revoir, bon soiree and the like...


Next time I will show you where we stayed (right by the Opera), and what I brought home from Paris...