Pip Boydell Debut Exhibition @ B&S


Thursday night just gone we were so thrilled to open the debut exhibition of paintings by Pip Boydell at Black & Spiro.  It was also a night for our clients and friends to view our 2011 Black & Spiro Christmas windows which we unveiled over a few bottles of champagne.




Pip's paintings were a huge hit with 70% of them now sold.  There are 29 pieces in total and I have to say that each and every piece is absolutely divine.



The orchid in the blue and white pot was the first to sell and I think we could have sold it 10 times over.  The pink lilies were snapped up very quickly.  I think they were my favourite painting of the night.



My other favourite piece, the red geranium, hasn't sold and I am so tempted to whisk it away.  I just love it so much!!






The beautiful Agapanthus is also still available.  I love it too...





The pretty teacup was also one of the early ones to be snapped up.



Here's a snapshot of one of our front windows.  Thanks Pip for painting the beautiful and vibrant fabric back drops for us.  Sorry these 2 photos are a bit smudgy!!



Here's our other window...





Our amazing paper/fabric chandelier which our friend, artist Sue-Ching Lascelles collaborated with us on is certainly bringing lots of people into the store.  It's so bright and summery and festive.  She is so clever. 







Oh and here's a shot of our back bedroom.  I am so desperately in-love with the 4 cushions on the bed.  I really, really want to take them to our cottage at the beach for our bed.  So gorgeous!!
Hope you enjoyed seeing the pictures of Pip's exhibition and our Black & Spiro Christmas display!

Thank you so much to our beautiful clients and friends for coming along and supporting us and Pip last Thursday night.  It was so great to see you all.

xx
Anna


All images thanks to Elouise & Harriette B.