a chair makeover...



A couple of weeks ago I spotted this cane chair in one of my local thrift shops. The interesting detailing caught my eye and I was very pleased to find that it was still there when I returned a few days later. I had parked my car a little distance from the thrift shop and as I was lugging it along, trying to avoid bumping into people, I was stopped by a very nice, immaculately dressed lady who admired my purchase and said what a great find it was! Hooray!

I considered painting the chair a lovely bright shade but opted for the safety and versatility of white in the end. I'm very pleased with the end result - a matte, milky finish which was just what I was after. I have added a bit of colour with one of our new mondocherry cushions in my favourite colour way (sea glass) which perfectly matches my new lamps - a birthday present from my husband, Clare and Mum.

the before...

the after...